- We, the developers of Bifrost Wallet, do not have access to your private information or actively track you in any way.
- You are never required to share any personal information to use the basic Bifrost Wallet app, and your Bifrost private keys are only ever accessible to your own device.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM OUR USERS?
- Users may install and use the Bifrost Wallet app on iPhone or Android without entering any personal information.
- Any emails we receive to our customer support platform, including the sender’s email address, will be visible to Bifrost Wallet developers. Information received through the customer support platform will be considered confidential and will not be shared outside.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Bifrost Wallet app uses your camera to scan QR codes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
All processing of QR codes is done within your phone and no pictures or videos from your camera are shared with us or anyone else.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Bifrost private keys are always encrypted by the secure hardware storage on a user’s device, meaning they are never accessible outside the device.
WHAT TRACKING INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Users who visit our website or use our app may have their device’s I.P. address logged for the purpose of generating anonymous statistics or troubleshooting the performance of our web servers. Your I.P. address will not be used to track or identify you
- Users of our iPhone or Android app will receive an anonymous unique device id (UDID) for the purpose of identifying the device to Bifrost Wallet servers. This UDID will not be tied to users’ identities, but will be used only for debugging purposes.
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO THIRD PARTIES?
Your I.P. address may be visible to, and logged by, multiple infrastructure-related third parties, such as internet service providers (ISPs) or web hosting services.
Last Updated May 31, 2018